News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Sine salad

Started by hbelkins, August 29, 2012, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassoon1986

^^^^

I like that 415 now has a city attached to it. I think technically Spur 415 has been decomissioned with the state highway turnback program, although it's mainly just the exit ramp and approaches to US 190.

txstateends

IMO, it seems that a better solution would be a more inclusive BGS (with the TO I-10 and TO I-12 references) for the LA 415 exit.  If the TO I-110 reference needs to be there, it could be part of a gantry-mounted BGS for EAST US 190, alongside the LA 415 BGS.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

jbnv

Quote from: txstateends on October 04, 2016, 03:15:31 AM
IMO, it seems that a better solution would be a more inclusive BGS (with the TO I-10 and TO I-12 references) for the LA 415 exit.  If the TO I-110 reference needs to be there, it could be part of a gantry-mounted BGS for EAST US 190, alongside the LA 415 BGS.

Welcome to Louisiana, where the DOT just isn't that into gantries over non-freeways. (The main reason the I-110 reference is there is because this is the alternate route for I-10. People who are not familiar with the route would try to take I-10 to get to I-110, which would be a mistake.)
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

txstateends

That's what I figured.  I wasn't about to send LADOTD an email about how their signage treatments could be better... if that's how they do things, oh well.  I thought I'd seen something around here about using US 190 as an I-10 ALT before.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

okroads

A small salad from Nelsonville, OH. Photo taken 10/1/16.

DSC05015 by Eric Stuve, on Flickr

jbnv

Quote from: txstateends on October 04, 2016, 05:13:20 PM
That's what I figured.  I wasn't about to send LADOTD an email about how their signage treatments could be better... if that's how they do things, oh well.  I thought I'd seen something around here about using US 190 as an I-10 ALT before.

Send me the email. I'll probably agree with it. I can print it, put my Louisiana address on it and send it in. I need to give DOTD a piece of my mind anyway.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

vtk

Quote from: okroads on October 04, 2016, 05:27:23 PM

"Business US 33"?  Last time I came through, from 33 itself the business route was simply "Nelsonville Business Route". Has that changed, or is the signage just inconsistent?  Also, glad to see on-spec OH route markers, rather than derpy shields like I've seen in town...
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Rothman

I think vdeane or someone posted one of these before, but here's a few:

Along NY 155 EB at Airline Road, Colonie, NY:

NY 155 EB at its turn onto Albany Shaker Road, Colonie, NY:

NY 155 WB at Albany Shaker Rd (vdeane may have posted this one):

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

formulanone

In similar vein, here's a tossed salad in McMinville, Tennessee:

kphoger

I usually don't see many in Kansas, but I snapped this a week ago...

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

okroads

Quote from: vtk on October 05, 2016, 01:37:27 PM
Quote from: okroads on October 04, 2016, 05:27:23 PM

"Business US 33"?  Last time I came through, from 33 itself the business route was simply "Nelsonville Business Route". Has that changed, or is the signage just inconsistent?  Also, glad to see on-spec OH route markers, rather than derpy shields like I've seen in town...

It's signed consistently as Business U.S. 33.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

freebrickproductions

Quote from: US71 on October 25, 2016, 12:27:14 AM
Hamilton, AL

I posted that a few pages back:
Quote from: freebrickproductions on January 22, 2016, 10:38:36 PM
US 43/US 278/AL 74/AL 17 by freebrickproductions, on Flickr
Anyways, I'm glad to see it's still there. Could use the addition of AL 4 and US 78 shields, IMO though. :colorful:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

paulthemapguy

I'll be driving through Alabama on US43 so I hope to get a few photos to add to this thread XD  Alabama is great at making salad...though I thought salad was the antithesis to down-home Southern cookin'.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 384/425. Only 41 route markers remain!

jbnv

Quote from: paulthemapguy on October 25, 2016, 09:33:26 AM
I'll be driving through Alabama on US43 so I hope to get a few photos to add to this thread XD  Alabama is great at making salad...though I thought salad was the antithesis to down-home Southern cookin'.

Would you prefer sign gumbo? Sign jambalaya? Fried green signs? :D

US71

cl94

Quote from: US71 on October 25, 2016, 12:04:37 PM

Birmingham, AL

Let's see how many threads we can post these truck signs on...
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

US71

Quote from: cl94 on October 25, 2016, 12:37:18 PM

Let's see how many threads we can post these truck signs on...

cl94

I'm not complaining. I think these things are great. Never seen anything like them.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

kkt

I thought salad was the antithesis to down-home Southern cookin'.

Hey, you can get both kinds of salad in the south.  Potato and macaroni.

Alex

Mobile and Prichard have several batches where U.S. 90 Truck, U.S. 98 Truck and Detour shields for I-10 are still posted:

formulanone

Quote from: kkt on October 25, 2016, 03:47:49 PM
I thought salad was the antithesis to down-home Southern cookin'.

Hey, you can get both kinds of salad in the south.  Potato and macaroni.

The cucumber, tomato, and onion salad (in sweet vinegar, usually served in a small dish) isn't bad either.

WNYroadgeek

jbnv

paulthemapguy

Quote from: freebrickproductions on October 25, 2016, 02:29:19 AM
Quote from: US71 on October 25, 2016, 12:27:14 AM
Hamilton, AL

I posted that a few pages back:
Quote from: freebrickproductions on January 22, 2016, 10:38:36 PM
US 43/US 278/AL 74/AL 17 by freebrickproductions, on Flickr
Anyways, I'm glad to see it's still there. Could use the addition of AL 4 and US 78 shields, IMO though. :colorful:

And I'm posting it again!  Sue me.  I was just happy that I found it

IMG_6830 by Paul Drives, on Flickr

Here's a few more from Alabama:

IMG_6996 by Paul Drives, on Flickr

IMG_6885 by Paul Drives, on Flickr

IMG_6825 by Paul Drives, on Flickr

And this last one is remarkable, because it's an entire salad that's just a reassurance marker:

IMG_6797 by Paul Drives, on Flickr
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 384/425. Only 41 route markers remain!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.