Been a long time since we posted anything covering site updates. There have been a lot of them, but without a dynamic way to generate a list of changes, writing about them here has fallen by the wayside.
Last week we completed a 4,738 mile long trip to the High Plains from the Southeast and back. Covered a lot of new ground, including the newly opened Arkansas/Missouri Connector along Interstate 49, and rephotographed a number of routes, some of which were last shot in 2003. Started with site updates in the Wichita area, which we previously visited in both October 2003 and November 2016.
- Interstate 135 – complete coverage of both directions
- Interstate 235 – covered both north and southbound, but ongoing construction along the overlap with K-96 and at West Street prevented a full update.
- U.S. 54 – drove the freeway along Kellogg Avenue in both directions across Wichita. The eastern stretch was recently completed.
- U.S. 400
- K-96 – added coverage of the freeway loop around Wichita and the expressway from Maize northwest to Hutchinson.
- K-254 – photographed all of K-254 westbound and the freeway section to Kechi in 2016.
- Interstate 35 Kansas – added three pages covering the Kansas Turnpike northbound from the Oklahoma state line to I-335 at Emporia. Expanded southbound coverage with five new pages continuing south from Olathe to Wichita with photos from 2015 and 2016 trips. Construction is currently underway to add all electronic toll (AET) gantries throughout the Turnpike system. Similar to the New York Thruway, gantries are being added between each interchange. The Kansas Turnpike Authority eventually plans to eliminate cash tolling.
- Interstate 435 Kansas – replaced photos at I-35 showing the completed Johnson County Gateway Project work and along I-435 east to Antioch Road and west/north from Antioch Road to the Missouri state line.
- Interstate 220 Louisiana – updated all of eastbound with the exception of the end at I-20, which remains under construction with a new access road being built to Barksdale AFB.
- Interstate 70 Utah – received an email last week regarding missing photos on the eastbound pages. Given that the three pages were still in html and only had a handful of photos from 2004, went ahead and replaced those with complete coverage of the scenic freeway eastbound with photos from 2014, 2016 and 2017.