IH 69 within the Lone Star State will ultimately join the Rio Grande Valley and Laredo in South Texas with Houston, Texarkana and Shreveport, Louisiana. The route presently overlays the U.S. 59 freeway northeast 74.69 miles from Rosenburg in Fort Bend County to Houston and the Liberty County line south of Cleveland. Branch routes for IH 69 in Texas include:
- IH 2 - Laredo to Brownsville. Designated in 2013, IH 2 overlaps with U.S. 83 east from Palmview 46.48 miles to IH 69E in Harlingen.
- IH 69W - Laredo to Victoria. Designated in 2014, IH 69W spurs 1.75 miles west from IH 35 at U.S. 59/SL 20 to FM 1472 and International Bridge IV into Mexico.
- IH 69C - McAllen / Pharr to George West. Designated in 2013, 17.46 miles posted north along U.S. 281 from IH 2 to FM 490 at Edinburg.
- IH 69E - Brownsville / Harlingen to Victoria. Designated in 2013, 51.23 miles posted north along U.S. 77 from University Boulevard and the Veterans Memorial Bridge (U.S. 77/83) into Mexico to BU-77W at Raymond. A second section previously marked as IH 69 was designated in 2011 and subsequently renumbered as IH 69E. It overlays U.S. 77 from BU-77U in Robstown north 7.67 miles to IH 37 in west Corpus Christi.
- IH 169 - Brownsville to Port of Brownsville. IH 169 supersedes SH 550, 1.8 miles east from IH 69E in Brownsville to Old Alice Road / FM 1847.
- IH 369 - Tenaha to Texarkana. Designated in 2013, IH 369 spurs 4.21 miles south from IH 30 along the Texarkana freeway loop (U.S. 59) to SH 93.
- SH 44 - future IH 69 branch from Freer east to Alice and Corpus Christi.
IH 69 was initially designated in Texas on July 26, 2012 from IH 610 North in Houston 35 miles to a point 0.2 miles beyond the Liberty County line. Subsequent orders by the Transportation Planning and Programming Division added 28.4 miles of IH 69 along U.S. 59 from SS 529 in Rosenburg to IH 610 (West Loop) near Bellaire on March 28, 2013. IH 69 was assigned to U.S. 59 within the IH 610 beltway by a minute order dated March 26, 2015. The 11.9 mile addition created a seamless route throughout the Houston area.
Page Updated 07-16-2019.