- Capital: Dover
- Nickname: First State or Diamond State
- State Flower: Peach Blossom
- State Bird: Delaware Blue Hen
- State Tree: American Holly
- Total Interstate Mileage: 40.61
- Land Area: 1,948.54 square miles
- Highest Point: Ebright Azimuth 447.85 Feet
- Statehood: 1st State, admitted December 7, 1787.
The original pages were compiled from 1998 to 2004, mostly from personal observation and recollections of news paper articles and library research from the webmaster.
A number of photos from the early Delaware Highways Pages appear in the I’m from Delaware music video:
Special thanks goes to Steve Alpert, Steve Anderson, Chase Beck, Russell Blau, Justin Blau, Carter Buchanan, Jana Clark, Lou Corsaro, Adam Froehlig, Averill Hecht, Brent Ivy, Chris Jordan, Kelly Nitzman, Jeanne Krause, Jonathan Lebowitz, Ian Ligget, JP Nasiatka, Fred Nitzman, Nicole Nitzman, Tim Reichard, Jim Teresco, Cary B. Todd, Rahul, Jeff Royston, Michael Summa, Kevin J. Sylvester, Mike Tantillo, and Ed Wilson for their support and contributions to the Delaware Highways Page.
The Delaware Highways pages at AARoads are not associated with the Delaware Department of Transportation or its employees.
Page updated August 24, 2019.