Spur 148 is a 1.44 mile long highway connecting IH 10 and SH 20 in Fort Hancock. The road was first designated in 1944, and extended to IH 10 in 1963 with the completion of the freeway.
|SS 148 south begins at the diamond interchange with IH 10 and McGuire Road. Photo taken 07/31/06.|
|The lone confirming marker for Spur 184 stands just south of IH 10 along Knox Avenue. Photo taken 07/31/06.|
|Knox Avenue south approaches SH 20. Fort Hancock was named for the nearby Army installation. Photo taken 07/31/06.|
|Spur 148 ends at SH 20 across from an agricultural road. SH 20 is the historic alignment of U.S. 80 west to Tornillo and east to IH 10 at Exit 78. Photo taken 07/31/06.|
07/31/06 by Kevin Trinkle
Page Updated 01-30-2018.