AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AARoads Page Updates  (Read 169339 times)

hbelkins

• (Censored by spoilsports. They ruin everything.)

• Last Login: December 13, 2018, 08:11:11 PM
    • Millennium Highway
Re: AARoads Page Updates
« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2018, 03:05:12 PM »

Matt was able to get things in place, and the new design is now live. There are a number of things we have to go through still and change, like updating old links to new links in additional to dealing with the 2,000 or so old html pages.
The old html will remain in the previous template until we can get to all of those pages and convert them.

Hey Alex...

I may have forgotten to answer your question that you asked some time ago, but you definitely DO have my permission to use whatever photos of mine it was that you wanted to use. Glad to be able to help.

Alex

• Webmaster

• Last Login: November 15, 2018, 12:05:32 PM
    • AARoads
« Reply #401 on: January 14, 2018, 05:12:14 PM »

Matt was able to get things in place, and the new design is now live. There are a number of things we have to go through still and change, like updating old links to new links in additional to dealing with the 2,000 or so old html pages.
The old html will remain in the previous template until we can get to all of those pages and convert them.

Hey Alex...

I may have forgotten to answer your question that you asked some time ago, but you definitely DO have my permission to use whatever photos of mine it was that you wanted to use. Glad to be able to help.

Greatly appreciate it HB!

I did ask last year about using some of your photos for Interstate-Guide updates, and you graciously allowed me to use them. Thanks again for that as well.

cahwyguy

• California Highway Guy

• Last Login: December 13, 2018, 01:18:42 AM
    • California Highways
« Reply #402 on: January 15, 2018, 12:55:44 PM »

As noted, please send me an email with the changes I need to make on California Highways (my pages), and I'll get them made during the next round of updates (likely Presidents Day weekend). This would include the high-level links to other states in the AARoads family, as well as links to individual california highway pages and areas (business routes, high priority corridors, etc.). As always: faigin -at cahighways.org
Daniel - California Highway Guy ● Highway Site: http://www.cahighways.org/ ●  Blog: http://blog.cahighways.org/ ● Follow California Highways on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cahighways

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #403 on: January 15, 2018, 02:13:13 PM »

As noted, please send me an email with the changes I need to make on California Highways (my pages), and I'll get them made during the next round of updates (likely Presidents Day weekend). This would include the high-level links to other states in the AARoads family, as well as links to individual california highway pages and areas (business routes, high priority corridors, etc.). As always: faigin -at cahighways.org

Will get you an interim list. California will require a lot of work to switch over, as there are over 700 pages still in html.

The url for the CA index will remain aaroads.com/california/
All of the other states are now also just aaroads.com/state-name/, where dashes take places of spaces for states like new-jersey

hbelkins

• (Censored by spoilsports. They ruin everything.)

• Last Login: December 13, 2018, 08:11:11 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #404 on: January 15, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »

I did ask last year about using some of your photos for Interstate-Guide updates, and you graciously allowed me to use them. Thanks again for that as well.

That was it. I couldn't remember.

catsynth

• Last Login: November 13, 2018, 04:08:47 PM
    • CatSynth
« Reply #405 on: January 20, 2018, 02:40:09 PM »

I quite like the new design!  Very clean and modern.
http://www.catsynth.com
Highway☆ App for iOS
Highway☆ App for Android

Completed 2di: I-80, I-87 (NY), I-84 (E), I-86 (E), I-97, I-44

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #406 on: April 04, 2018, 08:03:15 AM »

Posted photos from the newest section of Wekiva Parkway and the Mt. Dora Connector in central Florida. Both opened this past Saturday.

SR 429 North
SR 429 South
SR 453

We also drove the new westbound lanes of SR 414, which elevate across Keller Road and Maitland Summit Boulevard now.

Updated both guides for SR 528 / Beachline Expressway, showing the completed Innovation Way / Sunbridge Parkway interchange. Drove SR 528 east through the Express Lanes project as well, which substantially changes the look of the freeway between I-4 and Florida's Turnpike.

cahwyguy

• California Highway Guy

• California Highways
« Reply #407 on: May 27, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »

I'm finally getting around to going through my notes and starting to edit files for the next round of updates. Please remember to provide me with any updated links to California Highways on AAroads (not that I'm looking forward to marching through everything to update them, but that's a fact of life in the web-world).

Thanks,
Daniel - California Highway Guy ● Highway Site: http://www.cahighways.org/ ●  Blog: http://blog.cahighways.org/ ● Follow California Highways on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cahighways

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2018, 09:52:53 AM »

I'm finally getting around to going through my notes and starting to edit files for the next round of updates. Please remember to provide me with any updated links to California Highways on AAroads (not that I'm looking forward to marching through everything to update them, but that's a fact of life in the web-world).

Thanks,

I have not converted a lot thus far within the California section to the new format. But as promised here is what has changed.
For Interstates, the new url's are:

I separated the Business Loop entries for I-5 into separate pages:

For U.S. Highways, a few updates so far:

Some state route conversions:

I also split the miscellaneous county route pages into separate guides for each highway last fall. Those are listed under the County Roads tab on the California Highways index page.

cahwyguy

• California Highway Guy

• California Highways
« Reply #409 on: June 02, 2018, 10:50:52 AM »

I've edited all of these updates into the source files for my pages; when I do the June uploads they will be there. Please let me know of future changes for the subsequent round of updates, plus any county page references I might have to fix. I also noticed you got rid of the High Priority Corridor pages (or at least I couldn't find them anymore), so those links, as I find them, are going away.

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #410 on: June 27, 2018, 09:37:17 AM »

I finished converting the last of the main California Interstate pages on AARoads. Added a few new photos to some, but mostly overhauled the text and updated the write-ups accordingly.

As I did with the previous round of changes, for the url swap, change california/i-010_ca.html to guides/i-010-ca/ california/i-280_ca.html to guides/i-280-ca/, etc.

I revamped/updated the photo guides for
I-238
I-780
I-980

For Interstate 210, I separated out the two Play on the Freeway Day event photos into a gallery on a separate page.

Created new entries for three of the decommissioned Interstates (I-480 was previously done, but not linked anywhere as far as I could find): 180, 480 and 880 in Sacramento

I rewrote the overly long Business Loop I-80 Sacramento page and separated out some of the info for California 51 and hidden I-305 onto separate pages.

Also updated California 275 with several photos Andy took in 2013 while walking around Downtown Sacramento.

California State Route guides moved to new url's include:
218, 219, 220, Former 225, 230, 232, 239, Former 252, 266

I also noticed you got rid of the High Priority Corridor pages (or at least I couldn't find them anymore), so those links, as I find them, are going away.

Yes, we retired those pages several years ago, as they were woefully out of date and were not going to be updated anymore.

D-Dey65

• Last Login: December 07, 2018, 10:58:57 PM
« Reply #411 on: November 10, 2018, 11:48:51 AM »

Some error along I-95 in Johnston County North Carolina was found;

https://www.aaroads.com/guides/i-095-north-johnston-nc/

"Traveling northeast toward the community of Four Oaks and Exit 87. What was a split-diamond interchange with Hockaday Road (SR 1162) / Main Street and Keen Road (SR 1178) was modified into a conventional diamond interchange in 2006."

I saw the abandonment of the old ramps from the split-diamond interchange at Hockaday (Mill) Road as far back as 1999.

Henry

• Last Login: December 13, 2018, 02:37:28 PM
    • Henry Watson's Online Freeway
« Reply #412 on: November 15, 2018, 09:42:10 AM »

Is there a timetable for when the three missing states (AK, MN, OK, plus Puerto Rico) will be included?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.