Interstate 605 is the San Gabriel River Freeway, following the San Gabriel River between Interstate 405 and California 22 in Seal Beach and Interstate 210 and U.S. 66 in Duarte. These endpoint cities are not featured on the overhead signs as control or destination cities; instead, the pull-through signs point simply display "Thru Traffic."
Interstate 605 California Highway Guides
- Interstate 605 North - California 22 to Whittier Boulevard
- Interstate 605 North - Whittier Boulevard to U.S. 66
- Interstate 605 South - U.S. 66 to Whittier Boulevard
- Interstate 605 South - Whittier Boulevard to California 22
Key Opening Dates of Interstate 605:
- 195th Street to 183rd Street - July 27th, 1966
- 183rd Street to Cecilia Street - June 15th, 1966
- Cecilia Street to Former California 72 - July 29th, 1965
- Former California 72 to Peck Road - May 29th, 1964
- Peck Road to Interstate 10 - November 4th, 1964
- Interstate 10 to Arrow Highway - May 4th, 1971
- Arrow Highway to Interstate 210 - January 22nd, 1971
Many thanks to C.J. Moon for his assistance in providing this historical chronology.
Page Updated September 23, 2010.